New Camera & Lenses
I have finally decided to bite the bullet and upgrade from my Nikon D200 to the full-frame Nikon D700! In a nutshell, the camera offers a much higher level of detail, but most impressive was my testing of the high ISO clarity... I did a test shot at ISO 6400 and the image was incredibly impressive, comparable to shooting at ISO 400-500 on my D200. This will be of enormous value when shooting weddings or events in low light.
So, after much saving, budgeting, and taking on as many extra jobs as I could fit in, I have now placed my order! I've also added two new lenses to my collection, a Nikon 50mm 1.8 lens and a Tamron 90mm 2.8 lens.
Last year I ramped up my computer equipment and upgraded to Adobe CS3 software. This has been my year for adding/upgrading photography equipment and I can definitely say I'm finished for a long time! Photography is way more expensive over the long run than Graphic Design... and to be honest I make far more doing design work than photography. But for me, I enjoy the personal connection with people and families that photography offers. Nothing like hearing a great response to photos you did for a family and it's a lot of fun experimenting with new lighting techniques or interesting locations.



2 comments:
oh you lucky lady. this is my dream camera.
the king david stuff looks very cool.
I am saving up for this..Hope to own it some day.This is my dream camera right now unless ofcourse a better one comes out..
Post a Comment